Monday 5 December 2011

new poem

ALL MOMENTS ARE OF GOD:
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God
Quiet moments, workship God.
Painful moments, Trust God.
Lovely moments, Love God
Gracefil moments. To be grateful to God.
Cheerful moments, rejoice in God.
All the moments are his only.

BE NOT AFRAID:
Be not afraid to pray; to pray is right;
Pray if you can with hope. But ever pray,
Though hope be weak or sick with long delay:
Pray in the darkness if there be no light;
And if for any wish you dare not pay
Then pray to God to cast that wish away.


JESUS OUR MASTER, TEACHER AND SAVIOUR
Jesus had no servants, yet people called Him Master,
No degrees, yet people called Him Teacher.
No medicine , yet people called Him Healer,
No army , yet Kings feared Him.
Jesus won no battle, yet He conquered the World.
Jesus committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.
Jesus was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
All prases and glory to our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ!!!


Dear God

So far today I have done all right.
I haven't gossiped.
I haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy,
nasty, selfish or overindulgent.

I am very thankful for that!

But in a few minutes, Lord,
I am going to get out of this bed,
And from then on,
I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen


  

God is Always There

Our Heavenly Father is always there
He knows our sadness and dispair
And if we would just call on Him
He will always hear our prayer.

When in our life those stuggles come
And we tend to feel so alone
Our Fathers watching from above
With compassion and such love

                                                 

Hope

Every night I look up
into the dark sky
Wondering when light will break
and shine down on our paths;
Bringing us together

Every night I look up
into the dark sky
Wondering if you are looking up too
and if our eyes have fallen
on the same bright star
That will soon shine down our paths;
Bringing us together

Tonight I looked up again
My heart leapt at the vast array of stars
I remembered Abraham as he looked up
and had faith enough to believe in the promise of a son
Becoming the father of many nations.
 
 
 

I'm Going to Follow You

Walk a little plainer, Daddy,
Said a little boy so frail,
For I'm following in your footsteps,
And I don't want to fail.

Sometimes your steps are very plain,
Sometimes they're hard to see,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

I know that you once walked this way
Many, many years ago,
And what you did along the way
I'd really like to know.

For sometimes when I'm tempted,
I don't know what to do,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy;
You know I'm following you.

Someday when I'm grown up,
You are like I want to be;
Then I will have a little boy
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead him right
And help him to be true,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
I'm going to follow you. 

 
 
 

He Is Faithful

He is faithful
Faithful to help
Help see beyond the problems of life
Looking into the perfection of peace and joy

He is faithful
Faithful to help carry them in his mighty hands
The same hands that measured the waters
Even that which makes up the oceans
If he carried that, surely, all my problems he could

Never mind the mocker
Who finds talking to God ridiculous
He is a sucker for the known, a rocker to ungodliness
A reprobate mind he has got
To know the living God he cannot
Till the veil over his soul is lifted
By the One he mocks in ignorance
The true living God




Oh Holy Spirit

Oh Holy Spirit comfort me
in times of grief and pain
hold my heart within thine own
and bring joy to me joy again.

At times I feel so all alone
and Im filled with such despair
and all my hope and dreams are gone
and that no-one really cares.

As I lift my eyes toward heaven
and the tears begin to flow
I cry Oh LORD please help me
I have nowhere else to go.

And then I hear a gentle voice
so soft but yet so clear
this voice says "I love you child
and I am always here".

I will send my Holy Spirit
to take away your sorrow
to comfort you my child
and help you face tomorrow. 





Spring of Life

When winter days give in to spring
and trees begin to bud
I can see all God handiwork
from the grass to the stars above
The joy and warmth the daylight brings
as the birds sing songs of praise
for they are also happy
for the earth that God hath made
and when the coolness of the evening comes
and the dusk gives way to night
we close our eyes and say dear Lord
thank you for the beauty of life.  



  

Time to Pray

I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me
and heavier came each task;
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered
He said, "But you didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said,"But you didn't seek"

I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all the keys at the lock.
God Gently and lovingly chided
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day.
I had so mush to accomplish
That I had to take time to Pray. 



  

What Love He Gave

Oh what love my Savior gave
Oh what He did for me
Oh what a sacrifice He made
When He died on calvary's tree

How could someone love me so
To do this mighty deed
To suffer such an agony
The nails in His hands and feet

The stripes they laid upon His back
The crown of thorns upon His head
They spit on Him and mocked Him
As He knelt there and bled.

Theres nothing that I could ever do
To deserve this kind of love
But yet He gave this gift to me
To show His Fathers love.

One day I'll meet Him face to face
When He comes to take us home
I want to kiss His hands and feet
And thank Him for His love.  




The Rose

The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read
Beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree.
Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown,
For the world was intent on dragging me down.

And if that weren't enough to ruin my day,
A young boy out of breath approached me, all tired from play.
He stood right before me with his head tilted down
And said with great excitement, "Look what I found!"

In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight,
With its petals all worn -- not enough rain, or to little light.
Wanting him to take his dead flower and go off to play,
I faked a small smile and then shifted away.

But instead of retreating he sat next to my side
And placed the flower to his nose and declared with overacted surprise,
It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful, too.
That's why I picked it; here, it's for you."

The weed before me was dying or dead.
Not vibrant of colors, orange, yellow or red.
But I knew I must take it, or he might never leave.
So I reached for the flower, and replied, "Just what I need."

 

 

Little Angels

When God calls little children
to dwell with him above,

We mortals sometime question
the wisdom of his love.

For no heartache compares
with the death of one small child.

Who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild..

Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to his fold,

So he picks a rosebud
before it can grow old.

God knows how much we need them,
and so he takes but few,

To make the land of heaven
more beautiful to view.

Believing this is difficult,
still somehow we must try.

The saddest word mankind knows
will always be "Good-bye".

So when a child departs,
we who are left behind must realize

God loves children...
Angels are hard to find.




     

Pathway of Pain

If my days were untroubled and my heart always light,
would I seek that fair land where there is no night?

If I never grew weary with the weigh of my load,
would I search for God's peace at the end of the road?

If I never knew sickness and never felt pain,
would I search for a hand to help and sustain?

If I walked without sorrow and lived without loss,
would my soul seek solace at the foot of the cross?

If all I desired was mine day by day,
would I kneel before God and earnestly pray? 



 

Second Breath

Yesterday were the lost days
My future wasn't bright
I lived in total darkness
There were no signs of light

But today is the first day
Of the rest of my life
For today I have decided
To give my life to Christ

Now I see new days
New days to fill with life
I have finally understood
The true meaning of life

I owe my life to Jesus
For He alone set me free
Nailed upon that rugged cross
The One who died for me



 

  

What Would Jesus Do?

Lord, throughout this day,
As I try to follow You,
Let this be my rule to live by:
What would Jesus Do?

When a friend or loved one
Asks me for a moment or two,
May I think of one thing only:
What Would Jesus Do?

In all my dealings, help me
To be honest, fair and true,
To measure each decision by: 



  

The Ten Commandments

Moses went up to Mount Sinai;
he had to go up alone,
to get commandments from the Lord
divinely etched in stone.

He brought them down the mountain,
and showed them to the Jews.
He said, “Follow these laws of God,
or die in your sins—you choose.

You shall have no other gods before me,
It simply can’t be done!
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 1.”

No graven images shall you worship,
this you should NEVER do!
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 2.”

You shall not use my name in vain;
it's a great insult to Me!
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 3.”

You shall keep holy the Sabbath day;
on that day, work no more.
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 4.”

Honor your Father and your Mother,
as long as you’re alive.
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 5.”

You shall not kill a living soul;
adhere to my edicts!
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 6.”

You shall not commit adultery,
I say to you from Heaven.
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 7.”

You shall not steal from anyone,
thievery I really hate!
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 8.”

You shall not lie about anyone,
or in any way seek to malign.
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 9.”

You shall not covet anything
that’s owned by other men.
“This,” says the Almighty God,
“is commandment number 10.”

But Jesus fulfilled these commandments,
so we’re under the law no more; for,
instead we’re saved through Jesus Christ,
and we’ll live on forever more!

No comments:

Post a Comment